Flying Bug

This just appeared yesterday afternoon. I killed around 30 and then today more appeared. This is the window in the upstairs bathroom. I am wondering what they are and what causes them. My main concern is, we have been having difficulty for the last two months with the landlord over critters in the attic, such as squirrels, raccoons, opossom and rats. Is this something coming from them or their fecas, our landlord isn't moving fast enough for our liking and wehave a 2 year old around and pregnan mommy.

Richland County South Carolina

I cannot tell from the pictures why these are. It does not look like anything that would be dangerous to you, and potentially not anything that would be destroying your house, but I cannot tell for sure what it is.

If you can capture some of them and take to the Richland County Extension Service office at 900 Clemson Road, Columbia, SC, or another office closer to you, they may be able to ID the but.