Orchid pups?

Hello. I have 13 orchid plants, but one of the has sprouted new “pups” or mini plants. There are four of them that have branched out. Can I just leave it like it is or do I have to do something? Also I’m in Washington Country but the drop down menu won’t allow me to change it from Hennipen.

Hennepin County Minnesota orchids phalaenopsis

They can be left as is or, once you see more roots on the new plants, they can be gently removed from the mother plant and repotted.

Phalaenopsis orchids normally grow one stem and any babies (called keikis, the Hawaiian word for babies) are produced on the end of spent flower stalks. But if the stem is somehow damaged it can stop producing the plant hormones that suppress the lateral buds of monopodial (single stem) plants and you can get new plants at the base.

Some times I find I have more than one plant in a pot and it is because the grower planted two or more seedlings in the pot. If that is the case, they can be separated at any time as the small plants are not dependent on the main plant for any nutrition.

Good luck with your orchids!