Can someone help with my azalea bonsai tree

I just got this azalea bonsai sent to me a few weeks ago from a family member after my dad passed away. She ordered it from 1800 flowers. It came pretty much looking just like this. I just want to know if I’m doing what I need to do. Does it look healthy? The trunk is a bit darker looking at the bottom, am I over or maybe under watering it (I didn’t water this since yesterday)? Do I need to prune anything and if so can you explain what I need to prune. I am completely new to the plant world and since I got this as a gift from my fathers death, I do NOT want this dying on me. If it matters, it is October 13th and I live in Pennsylvania. I also have no clue what I’m going to do with it in the winter as I have no garage or greenhouse to put it in. I’ve been bringing it inside the house and setting on kitchen counter overnight when the temp drops below 49 degrees outside and then bringing it back out early afternoon. Please give me every and any advice you have. Please experts only!

Lancaster County Pennsylvania trees and shrubs

Penn State does not have any faculty specialists nor educators conducting training or writing fact sheets on bonsai care. It might be best to utilize some of the other educational institution's research and education efforts to answer your questions.

Here are a few sites: