How can I tell when my elm trees need to be pruned?

I know from a previous inquiry that now is the time of year to prune. One tree service came out and said no pruning was necessary, save for the branches close to the house. I've attached two pics of the two elms, and would welcome your opinion. Whoops, for some reason, the pics on my phone are not syncing with my Mac. If I had an email address, I would be happy to send them there. Thanks,

Montgomery County Maryland trees elm tree pruning

Please try to send the photos with your phone by using the Choose File tabs below.
How old are your trees? Do you have concerns about them?

Pruning is not always necessary.

It is primarily done to remove dead, diseased, crossed/rubbing branches or damaged branches.
Dead wood can be pruned out at any time. Other could be now thru December, or even while the tree is dormant.

Christine

Thanks I had no luck attaching the pics

If you would like to send the photos by email, you can send them to me (christa@umd.edu) and reference question #601907.

Pruning may not be needed at all except to remove dead, diseased, crossed/rubbing branches or damaged branches.

Christa