How do I get my soil tested for verticillium wilt causing fungi?

Asked October 4, 2019, 2:25 PM EDT

We have questionable soil, lots of clay which we are working to amend. We have lost a vine maple and a bloodgood maple. I am suspecting fungus in the soil. Where can I send a soil sample to have it tested before I plant another susceptible plant?

King County Washington

1 Response

Hi, I did some checking around, and found that .A&L Labs offers a test for verticillium: They are located in Portland, but you will be mailing soil samples. Follow their instructions for taking the samples.

Our Plant and Insect Clinic has used A&L for years and have found them very useful and reliable. Good luck!