Mushrooms from compost

Asked October 4, 2019, 9:13 AM EDT

I used mushroom compost (store-bought) to re-seed spots in my lawn and now I have mushrooms growing all over my lawn. I was told they are poisonous and I have a dog. I’m trying to find out if the mushrooms that came from mushroom compost would be safe for my dog ?

Multnomah County Oregon mushrooms

1 Response

Hi,

So we can best assist you can you please upload an image of the mushrooms? Please pull one up and show both a side view and a view from the bottom showing any gills.

Even for a mycologist, identification from a photo is not perfect, so it would be best to consult your veterinarian if you are concerned your dog has eaten an unknown mushroom.