Black-Eyed Susans

I had a great crop of Black Eyed Susan's this year! They are done flowering now. Should I cut them down now or wait until later in the Fall?

Anne Arundel County Maryland black eyed susan flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials

There are several species of black-eyed susan. Some varieties are annuals or biennials, but most are perennials. In general, seedheads are attractive after the petals fall and are usually left on the plant for winter interest. They also provide good food for the birds in the autumn and winter. Plants may seed to almost weedy proportions in some situations. If this is not desired, some or all of the seedheads should be cut down.
If just planted this season, they need to develop their root structure and become acclimated to your garden. This will happen over the winter.

Marian