Egg Nog

Hi, I was thinking of selling eggnog for Christmas but don't now if there are regulations or if there is something I need to do in order to be able to sell this. I have an old Caribbean family recipe that is pretty amazing. Any ideas or input on how I can make this happen?

Boulder County Colorado

This is a great question.
I am assuming that you are wanting to make your homemade eggnog tasty recipe and sell it under the Colorado Cottage Food Act.

I do need to share with you that beverages are not eligible under the Cottage Food Act so this would not be a product that you could sell. Now what you could do is package the dry ingredients and give people the directions on how to make the eggnog in their home. I am guessing that there are more liquid ingredients and the dried spices would not be cost-effective to package and sell. Let me know if this answers your question?