grub control

Is there a product that helps to deter the birds/animals that feast on grubs? I will apply the curative products recommended in your article and also want to scare away the varmints that are feasting and tearing up my lawn right now. Thank you

Cheboygan County Michigan lawns and turf insect issues grubs

Nothing reliable that I know of to deter animal damage. Usually it is skunks and/or raccoons that ravage lawns for food, and most often the ravaging happens in mole runs. Getting rid of white grubs does not at all get rid of mole activity however. Earthworms are the primary food source of moles not white grubs, a common myth.

You can try some of deterrence sprays on the market or do an internet search for homemade deterrents, or some of the other radical ideas out there such as electric fences and motion activated sprinklers. But no, there is no magic pill out there.

Good luck!