Exposed Lily Bulbs

My Lily plant bulbs have protruded to the surface. Is this normal? How do I protect them over the winter?

Washington County Oregon

Thank you for your question. It would be helpful to (1) have a photo and (2) know what type of lily you have. Common ones include Asiatic, calla and canna, but there are many more. How long ago did you plant them? How deep were they planted? Are they in the soil, or containers? More information will help. Thanks!

I thought I had uploaded a picture. But if you didn't get it, I have attached another one.
Thank You

Thank you for the picture. Worth 1000 words! The ground under them may have frozen and experienced "upheaval," which thrusts non-fibrous roots (such as bulbs) up toward the surface. Here is what you can do to help them make it through the winter, although it is probably as dry but not as cold as it is in El Dorado County, from which this article came: https://ucanr.edu/sites/EDC_Master_Gardeners/files/112235.pdf

You can mulch them with any organic mixture that allows drainage. Hope this is helpful. Good luck!