black locust seedlings after tree removal

Hi I had a black locust removed 2 years ago and the stump ground. since then I am battling seedling showing up around the root area and across the yard and into the neighbors. I am hand pulling them but they are not giving up the game. Can you suggest ways to kill them including non herbicidal methods if there are any? thank you

Clackamas County Oregon

If you have seedlings, then pulling or mechanical removal early and often is required. Sometimes heavy mulch with something like arborist wood chips will suppress new seed sprouting. These trees have strong and spreading root systems that sucker readily. The roots will continue to sucker until dead, so regular (as in possibly weekly) removal of suckers will be needed, probably for a few years. Cutting the suckers, combined with direct application of herbicide labeled for this purpose, will speed the root system decline. Here are Extension Service sites about this method.