Can dry nutrients go bad?

Do dry nutrients go bad? I was storing 40lb bags of bat guano and fish bone meal, kelp meal etc out in my shed in plastic bags. I went to use them and they smell strongly of ammonia. Are they ruined? Or can i aerate them and still use them? What is the proper way to store them to prevent this in the future? Thanks for your consideration and expertise.

Macomb County Michigan fertilizer

As long as the bags are closed, they won't go bad. The quality and ability to spread the material in the garden may be more difficult, but they should be fine. Fertilizer materials generally will draw moisture from the air, so once opened, or if the bags allow for moisture to enter through them there is not much you can do to prevent it. If these were going to be used in a vegetable garden I would apply them after the garden season to allow them to break down over the winter.