Treatment for bronze birch beetles

We deep water our birch tree every two weeks during summer and have had a tree service inoculate it each spring for the last two years. Quite a lot of damage happened before detecting the problem but, it has new growth and We want to know if we should give it another treatment of the beetle killing medicine in the fall too?

Lane County Oregon urban forestry bronze birch borer

Hello:

The applications of the insecticide used in treating these trees is governed by the product label, so I can't provide any guidance to you on that. The tree service that made the application would have to provide that information. Besides your tree it looks like there is another affected birch in the background of one of your photos. With BBB pressure like that your tree will require ongoing scouting for the presence of the insect indefinitely, I'm afraid. I include a link to information about BBB from the PNW Insect Management Handbook. Feel free to write with questions.