Something growing in my yard..

Hello! I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this... What's growing in my lawn? Seems like these little leaves are spreading like wildfire. I'm worried they're an out of control weed.

Washington County Oregon lawns and turf weed issues

Your lawn has a crop of broadleaf weeds sprouting! Too small to be sure what they are, but there’s no reason to wait and find out. Options to deal with them include mechanically hoeing or pulling them, or chemical weeding with a broadleaf herbicide. The basic problem is that you have bare soil rather than healthy turf. Weeds will continue to sprout as seeds find their way to these spots. Make a plan to care for your lawn well, and look into options now or in the spring to renovate portions as needed. This article may help you, and the links at the end to specific turf publications from OSU Extension give many details. https://extension.oregonstate.edu/news/spiff-lawns-after-tough-summer

Oh no! Thank you! I will try and get them under control. I appreciate the quick response!