Selling Meat

Asked September 19, 2019, 11:46 AM EDT


We want to process a cow and sell the meat. We have a USDA facility picked out. What do we need to do as far as licensing to sell to the public.

Washtenaw County Michigan

1 Response

To sell individual cuts of meat with each package containing the USDA inspection mark on them still requires a Food Warehouse license from the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. The requirements for that license are in this article, but the cost of the license has increased: