I am looking for an ID for this insect. I have searched but can't find out...

I am looking for an ID for this insect. I have searched but can't find out what it is. At first I though it was a tachinid fly but when I got closer I saw it didn't have hair on it's butt or red eyes. Thank you for your time.

Scioto County Ohio insect issues insect identification fly

Hi. I’m not an insect expert, but I agree that it does not look like a tachinid fly. Based on this description of fly families from the U. of British Colombia and browsing photos of potential families, I suspect it pertains to the Tabanomorpha, perhaps the Tabanidae (horse flies and deer flies). These often lack prominent bristles and can also have somewhat banded wings, as evident in your photo. Note that in the Tabanidae, the eyes are often more separated in females, which could fit with your photograph. Dr. Dave Sheltar (the BugDoc) at Ohio State U. might be able to help, though I’m sure he receives many similar requests and may not have time to respond to all of them. His contact information is available here.

Thank you so much for your time and the link. I appreciate it.