Loss of real grass in my yard. Due to several vine type weeds.

My grass, dying in sections, some small, White ,tough spindly & wirely that become like hay and have no substance. You can pull it off the ground. It's barely holding on. Also the tall thin grass appearing after starting out like clover, then skinny grasses. White is the give away. They destroy whatever they wrap around. Crab grass too galore. I believe my yard is gone. It is awful to see after you've invested so much physical work and money into it. I'm sure I cannot afford a gardener/landscape professional to fix this or help us fix it and get back the yard. Any ADVICE?

Montgomery County Maryland weeds plant care lawn dying

First you need to identify the weeds and vines infesting your lawn. Different weeds require different approaches, depending upon whether they are annual, perennial and if non-native invasive.

Look through our weed gallery and try to identify your weeds: https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/topics/lawn-weed-id-and-management They are divided into categories.
You can also send us photos.

Since you are in Montgomery County which has its own regulations, go to the Department of Environmental Protection, Montgomery County online. It has tips for lawn management there.

Ellen