What is it?
This has been growing in part of my yard. I think it is some kind of fungus but not sure. It is sort of hard. In one of the pictures, it shows wood chips stuck to it. I tried to take the pieces of wood chips out but couldn't. Any info on this would be appreciated. I don't want to destroy it with out any information on it.
Dog vomit fungus is a common name, and it’s not harmful. Cover it or remove it if its looks bother you. I found many articles from Extension to share. This blog from University of Florida is one: http://blogs.ifas.ufl.edu/pinellasco/2011/05/16/is-that-dog-vomit-on-the-mulch/ This one from Penn State covers slime molds, mushrooms, and fungus common in landscape mulches: https://extension.psu.edu/what-is-growing-in-my-landscape-mulch-mushrooms-slime-molds-and-fungus
Now this looks like a type of polypore fungus. I searched online images for “polypore in wood chips” and have some similar things in photos. See what you think. Could there be tree roots under the wood chips? I’ve seen these on a tree stump a few years after cutting one down. These are not generally dangerous, so watching them grow and change is a fine thing to do. Or remove them if you’re concerned. We don’t identify mushrooms because there are so many differences, and never discuss edibility. Am I helping any? https://extension.oregonstate.edu/news/mushrooms-can-mean-healthy-soil