Can't Kill This Stuff

Last year I had aphids on the flowers inside my solarium. I now have this stuff. Sprayed it with Sevin and it looked like it helped but one week later it is coming back. There are even patches of it growing on the brick wall and on my vases add shown in the third picture. It is somewhat fluffy in nature. What is it and how do I get rid of it?

Anne Arundel County Maryland houseplants white material on stems and foliage

We are not sure what you are dealing with. May be possible insects or possible spores.
Do not spray unless you have identified the insect and know what you are spraying for. Do not use Sevin as it is not registered for use indoors. This insecticide kills everything and kills beneficial insects too.

Lift up some of the white material and see if there is an insect growing under the wax. You will need a hand lens for this.

Now you can gently wash off the plants, wall, and vase.
Monitor and let us know if any eggs hatch. You can submit more photos if you notice additional symptoms.

Marian

Thank you for your timely answer. Just to reassure your, I took everything outside to spray with Sevin.