This year for the first time we have a lot of mushrooms in an area where we have been composting leaves for a number of years. I am wondering if these mushrooms are edible. Virgil Polinske 651-785-4542
Thanks for the question.
As volunteer Master Gardeners of the University of Minnesota, our expertise is largely limited to gardens, yards, and green plant identification. We are not qualified to do mushroom identification or to express opinions as to their edibility. Try contacting Ron Spinosa (651-224-5274) who is associated with the Minnesota Mycological Society. His email address is: email@example.com,
I am sorry that we were unable to directly answer your question.