Round brown, dead spots in the lawn that are spreading

We have spreading round (diameter 6-8 inches), brown patches of dead lawn. Started on the west side and have now spread to the south side. Grass completely dies and leaves an open patch in the lawn. Tried fungicides, insecticides and increased watering. My husband dug up a patch today and found thread size 1/2 inch white worms and a small slug in the soil. Do you know what we have and how to fix it?

Deschutes County Oregon lawns and turf

grass problems are very tricky and I cannot even begin to know what could be going on with you lawn from the above description. It is best to bring in a sample of your lawn that is at least 6" x 6" to a 4" depth. Please include the transition zone between the dead patch and a healthy patch. Thank you.
The office is located on the Deschutes County Fairgrounds building #4, all the way to the left as you go through the parking lots..