Tree to plant

I lost a huge oak tree in my yard last month and am going to have to cut down another one because it's hollow. I want to put 2 new trees in my yard. A friend recommended the Honey Locust and I would also like to have a Maple. I live in Meadowthorpe subdivision. Can you advise me if these would work and what kind of Maple or if you had another type you would recommend. I would like a fast growing but good tree. Thank you.

Fayette County Kentucky tree selection fayette county kentucky horticulture

This is something we will better be able to help you with via a phone conversation. It would be hard for us to recommend any tree without knowing what kind of growing conditions you have to offer, and your personal preferences as well, thus creating several questions we would need you to answer. Please give us a call at the Fayette County Extension Office at (859) 257-5582, Monday thru Friday, 8:00-4:30. Thanks!