Asked September 13, 2019, 1:21 PM EDT

I have ten acres of woods. I would like someone to cut some of the logs. I don't know who or how to go about contacting the right person for doing this? I can use some income to maintain the property taxes from the logs. Most of the trees are maple and some oak. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Chippewa County Michigan

1 Response

I suggest you first contact the Chippewa, Luce, Mackinac Conservation District. They have a district forester; I'm not sure if this position is currently vacant but even so, they should be able to direct you to help. Here is their contact information: