WHAT HAS HAPPEN TO ALL THE BIRDS. I FEED THEM ALL YEAR ROUND AND ABOUT A WEEK...

WHAT HAS HAPPEN TO ALL THE BIRDS. I FEED THEM ALL YEAR ROUND AND ABOUT A WEEK AGO THEY HAVE ALL...I MEAN ALLL. DISAPPEARED.NO BIRDS AND IT HAD FRIGHTENED ME. I EVEN HAVE A POND WHICH THEY LOVED.

Shelby County Ohio

It's difficult to say exactly what happened to your birds. Was there a recent disturbance in the area (loud noises, flashy lights) that may have scared them away? Have any chemicals been sprayed in the area? Was there a prominent food source around your pond that has now diminished or disappeared (fruit bearing trees that are now picked clean)? It may also be that the birds you were seeing have moved on to another reason due to an aspect in their biology. For example, blackbirds at this time of year are forming flocks and moving to areas where there is an abundance of food for a large flock of birds (farm fields, etc.). Finally, the nesting season is now over for birds. Birds that may have set up territories in your yard for the nesting season have completed their family work and may be dispersing to other areas. I hope this help solve your mystery. Let me know if you have any other questions!