sad looking iceplants

I planted quite a few ice plants last year. They did well last year but this year they are just sad looking. They are leggy, flat, no blooms, brown looking. Can anyone tell me what is going on with them.

Thank you.

Adams County Colorado

You're right, those iceplants do look a little sad! To help better diagnose what might be going on, I just need to ask you a few questions - What kind of sun exposure are these plants getting? Have you used any fertilizer on them? How often are you watering and how much are you watering each time?

They get all day sun. They are planted in my front garden that faces south. I water them every day to a count of 10-15. At the beginning of the summer I didn’t water them at all since they’re drought tolerant. But after they started looking so sad I started watering them. I fertilized them once.

thank you.

M

It looks like they are getting too much water. We don't know what method you are using to water as you count. Check your soil before watering down an inch. They like dry heat and little drink of water. Don't water if soil is already moist.

Thank you so much. I will back off the watering.