What is this flower?

What is this very small flower? I found it growing in a field. I have also included a photo of the leaf.

Kalamazoo County Michigan

Greetings.

This is the 64th question you have uploaded to the Ask an Expert system. Most of your questions could be answered by obtaining several plant ID books.

I would recommend several:

Newcomb's Wildflower Guide- Lawrence Newcomb

Wildflowers of Michigan- Tekiela

Weeds of the Northeast- Comstock Cornell

Okay I can stop sending in questions. I thought that this would be an appropriate resource to help in my personal project to identify all the plants around where I live and work. I do have a field guide that I am using, Weeds of the Northeast by Uva, Neal & DiTomaso but I don't have access to others. I have identified many, many plants using this book that I did not send in questions about. I don't have access to any very knowledgeable plant people around me either. I did not realize that there would be a problem with me using this public resource to help me learn to identify plants.

Thank you for your consideration. I have used that book as well. We do occasionally ID plant material, especially since that is the first step in diagnosis of a disease or insect problem. Our experts are stretched thin answering diagnostic questions so we try to direct people to resources they can utilize on their own too.