Invasive Autumn clematis

My garden places are being smothered with the white star shaped flowered vine of autumn clematis. I didn't plant it- it traveled from a neighbors yard. Both the vine & the neighbor are gone from that yard, so I can't ask any questions about it. It seems to grow more abundant as the older trees die & the vines get more sun. Lack of water doesn't bother it. I've been battling it about 15 years with no success. What can I do to completely get rid of it? Thank you.

Prince George's County Maryland vines invasive sweet autumn clematis

Clematis terniflora, sweet autumn clematis, is not native and is invasive. It needs to be removed and not allowed to set seed.
Control can start with grubbing out which is cutting as low as possible in the late summer (now) then applying glyphosate undiluted to the cut stems. Use a paintbrush to apply. Here is more information on Weed of the Week page 4. https://extension.umd.edu/sites/extension.umd.edu/files/_docs/programs/ipmnet/11Oct21L.pdf

Marian