What kind of bees

I have a large beehive at ground level in the attached clump of grass. The colony has hundreds of bees coming out of a two inch round hole. The bees are smaller and look like honeybees to me. The are not wasps or yellow jackets and have no interest in meat. Any ideas what kind of bees and what I might do with them?

Multnomah County Oregon bees

Thank you for your question. I am unable to see any insects in your photos. The best guess would be bumblebees, but they might also be the species described here: http://blogs.oregonstate.edu/gardenecologylab/2018/04/30/pollinator-week-mining-bee/ We have over 500 species of native bees in Oregon, 65% of which live in the soil. As a general rule, bees are not aggressive, and will respond only when threatened. We are losing them at a catastrophic rate because we want to do something other than let them exist. We are at risk for losing 1/3 of our food due to a lack of pollinators. You only need to be glad you have a healthy environment for them to live in!