Asian and Bartlett Pear Trees

Hi! I'm pretty sure I have one Asian pear tree and one Bartlett pear tree. Can you offer any guidance on when to know it's time to pick them? And, how I can tell for sure that they are Bartlett and Asian? Thank you!

Bourbon County Kentucky tree identification bourbon county kentucky horticulture

Pick pears when they're firm, but mature. Mature pears break easily from their spurs if you bend them up horizontally towards the tree. If you have to yank on them or break the twigs, they're probably not ripe. Mature pears also have bright color. "Bartlett" pears, for example, are bright green when mature, although they ripen to a pale green or yellow.
Asian pears a a bit different. Asian pears, unlike European pears, should be allowed to ripen on the tree. Color and taste are the best indicators of maturity. The skin color of most Asian pears changes from green to yellow when ripe. When the color change occurs, pick and sample a pear.