Linthicum Homeowner-Tree Safety Concerns

Good morning I have several large trees (1 in front yard and 4 in the backyard) that I love but want to ensure they are healthy to retain. I am very concerned about the 1 in front yard and 2 in the backyard. I've had trimming completed and even tree treatment on 2. I believe all are oak trees. A local Tree Company advised they are fine however a huge branch broke off on the leaning tree for no reason (in the backyard--photo IMG 5064). i already had one removed (near the leaning tree). Another in the backyard has damage to the lower part of trunk (photo IMG 5052 attached) and I'm concerned about health of tree. Should it fall it will hit my home and porch.. Also the tree in front (photo IMG 5073 attached) was trimmed back however I cannot tell if it is safe ...If this one falls it will damage wires, my home and possible my neighbors.

Anne Arundel County Maryland

We are not on site and a certified arborist is really in the best position to assess the overall health and structural integrity of the trees and make recommendations for you. You can find a certified arborist using this page from the International Society of Arboriculture. It is okay to get several recommendations. http://www.treesaregood.org/

Marian

I'm sorry I guess I mis-understood. I was referred to your site for advice.

Hopefully the site you provided will not charge the same fee of $350 to determine.

Thanks for the response.

Rose Vodak

Usually there is no charge for estimates. However, you should call the certified arborists and check before they come for a site visit.

Marian