Dogwood leaf spots

I am in Oldham County, and I have a dogwood that was planted about 4 years ago that has some leaf spots. I was wondering if you could tell what’s going on from a picture. These spots appear on the top of the leaves of the lower branches of the tree. The tee appears to be in good health otherwise. Thanks

Oldham County Kentucky dogwoods oldham county kentucky horticulture

At this time there isn't any thing you need to do. There are several different fungi that cause leaf spots on this host. Applying a fungicide starting in early April about every 10 to 14 days through June will protect the foliage from leaf spots and other diseases. Remove the fallen leaves this fall from the area around the tree to reduce the number of spore the could infect the tree next year. When choosing a Fungicide to use chose one that lists the plant you are treating and the symptoms (leaf spots)on the label.
For additional information contact the Oldham County Cooperative Extension Service 502-222-9453