Do you have any idea what is causing one area of my lawn to look brown with dark green splotches

Hello. There is one area of our lawn that looks very odd. I'm attaching a photo. The guy who fertilizes our lawn 4 times a year says it looks like animal pee and extra fertilizer was put on the lawn. We have no pets and did not put anything on our lawn. We are near the foothills in southwest Loveland and do have deer, rabbits, and an occasional bear, but nothing on a regular basis that is in our yard. Would appreciate any help you could give as to what is causing the problem. Thank you so much.

Larimer County Colorado

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.