strawberry plants

Best variety plant for longer lasting berry after it is picked? My Quinault berries seem to dry up soon after being picked.

Spokane County Washington strawberries

Hello and thank you for contacting us,

We researched your question and found some information that we hope will help you. Quinault strawberries are everbearing- meaning they set flower buds in the fall, and again in the summer. This cultivar bears two moderate crops per year.

Two excellent varieties of day neutral strawberries are Tristar and Tribute. They set flower buds throughout the spring, summer and fall. Day-neutral varieties such as Tristar and Tribute are very productive and superior in quality when compared to standard everbearers.

I've put links below to more information about growing strawberries in our area. The first link is about different cultivars

Thanks again for contacting us, and let us know if you have any other questions.