Bamboo Removal

Hey guys, Thanks for taking a moment to hear me out and assist. So i live in MD and there is a creek in my backyard! surrounding the creek is aninvasivenotnativeto maryland) BUT very valuable species of bamboo. My Question is this. 1st can i claim the bamboo on my property to legally keep anyone else from claiming or harvesting the wood. and the 2nd question is, Can i legally harvest the bamboo in my backyard? thank you soo much and i hope to hear from you soon?

Prince George's County Maryland bamboo invasive

Hi- you can legally cut down the bamboo on your property. You would need to contact law enforcement if anyone is coming on to your property uninvited to remove plant material.

We don't know which species of bamboo you have but all running type bamboos are quite invasive and should be removed to prevent their spread and negative impacts on native ecosystems.
Jon