Is my tree dying ?

I have attached pictures! Is there anything I can do to try and save it?

Wayne County Michigan tree dieback

It looks like one side of the trunk is quite flattened out which is not good. This can indicate a girdling root or another issue such as rot. I can’t see the whole dying branch very clearly, but this is hard to do from pictures. Branch may be cracked, have canker or rot. In this case you need someone with knowledge in tree diseases and pests, not just a tree pruning/removal service.

The best thing to do is hire a certified arborist. This is a professional who has taken training in care, diseases, pests and passed certification tests. He/she will come on site and give a complete diagnosis and a plant care plan. Find certified arborists by zip code here—-

www.treesaregood.org

The cost isn’t expensive compared to losing and removing a large tree. He can treat the tree with special techniques, such as aerating the root zone and removing girdling roots where possible, which extend the life of the tree.

Thank you for using our service.