Dragon fruit plant

Hello, I took seeds from a dragon fruit I bought and started growing my own plants. My first 3 seeds that got the biggest I put into 5 gallon buckets. As they grew they are trees not a cactus. I cant find any info on why this is. I have 5 other cactuses that are growing as normal and all of the plants came from the same fruit. Could you tell me why these first three are trees an not cactuses? And are they worth keeping? Thanks

miscellaneous

Thank you for your question. It is too early to tell whether the plants are “worth keeping” because we cannot yet identify them. We don’t have any information about your location or whether they could be viable where you live, or if they could useful to you. If you have the room and inclination, why not keep them alive, and provide more information once they are larger and/or have produced flowers and/or fruit? If they might, they’ll probably need good sun exposure. Good luck!