Help in identifying this type of weed

Hi: Good afternoon. I live in central NJ and was wondering if you can help me identify this type of weed that has been entering my lawn ( TTTF, KGB and Perennial Rye Mix ) for about the past 5 weeks. It seems to be coming in from a heavily bushy area with trees in the rear of the yard. My yard is 10,000 square feet and the weed is only entering from this one area. I have hit it with Tenacity twice over the past 4 weeks and it seems to have had some effect on it ( yellowing, etc ) but it has yet to die off. The weed was dark green before I applied tenacity to it. I have attached a few photos for your review. Thanks in advance ! Appreciate any input you can provide.

Monmouth County New Jersey lawns and turf weed identification

From the pictures, I believe this is a species of Asiatic dayflower (Commelina communis). The plant is a native annual and has been used as a ground cover, but it can be very invasive and reproduces rapidly by seed. Do not let the flowers go to seed. Pull out what you can, and treat with an herbicide twice in the early spring. You could also use a pre emergent herbicide such as is used on crabgrass for the spring seedlings.

Thank you for contacting Cooperative Extension,
Nancy