milkweed and Monarch butterflies

CSU ext and Poudre Valley REA planted milkweed at the coyote solar area for monarch butterfly habitat improvement. Heron Point a new subdivision in Berthoud Co. has a detenion pond that has a spring that is support a large area of cattails. we are think that this area may be a good area to plant milkweed for the monarch butterfly. The HOA needs more info and cost of seeds or plantings. Thanks

Larimer County Colorado milkweed plants monarch butterfly and milkweed milkweed seeds

I am sorry, I am not familiar with the CSU - Poudre Valley REA collaboration at the Coyote solar area, nor can I quote prices for you. I do know that there are nurseries and garden centers in the area that sell milkweed (Asclepias species) plants. Many are having fall sales now, so if they have Asclepias plants still in stock, you might be able to do well on the price. You can also check the online retailer High Country Gardens, as I know they sell Asclepias plants, as well. As far as purchasing seed, a Google search will yield several online sources for purchasing seeds, or a more thrifty alternative may be to watch for seed exchanges in the spring, where people trade seeds they have harvested from their own plants. Butterfly plant or butterfly weed (Asclepias tuberosa), and Common Milkweed (Asclepias syriaca) both grow well here in northern Colorado. Also, the Xerces Society has launched a milkweed seed finder database: xerces.org/milkweed-seed-finder/#search
Monarch Joint Venture is a great online resource, as well: monarchjointventure.org/get-involved/create-habitat-for-monarchs

There is also a CSU Extension Fact Sheet with helpful information about attracting butterflies, including monarchs, to the garden:
extension.colostate.edu/topic-areas/insects/attracting-butterflies-to-the-garden-5-504-2/

Best of luck with your milkweed plantings, and thank you for your question.