Discolored parsley and Bug eggs

Does someone know what happened to my parsley? It isn’t raised- it looks almost like leaf miners, but they’re not connected like a leaf miner’s trail would be. I also found some sort of bug eggs or nest in the soil of my garden- it looks a bit like a small wasp nest, but I’m not sure what it is. Could someone let me know what these are? Thank you very much!! :)

Shelby County Kentucky

The damage on the Parsley appears to be caused by insects that use needle like mouth parts to suck the nutrients from the leaves. There are several different possible culprits such as white flies, thrips, and leaf hoppers to name a few. If you notice any insects on the leaves, send a picture of it to your local Extension Office or bring in a sample.

The egg looking things that you found in your soil appear to be a type of fungus. They resemble unopened Birds Nest Fungus, but it is a little hard to tell from a picture alone. If you bring it in to you local Extension Office, we should be able to get a more positive identification. When opened, Bird's Nest Fungus looks a lot like a miniature bird's nest. It will even have little egg looking structures in the middle of them.

Thank you very much for your help!! :)