Club aluminum cookware

I purchased a set of this cookware with non stick coating and wooden handles and knobs. There is 4 pans with lids and is a speckled blue and has never been used. Is the coating safe to use? I can not locate pictures or info from online.

Washington County Ohio

I presume you have heard information about some problems with Teflon and are worried about using your pans due to the dark coating. I can not tell you if your pans have Teflon or not as there are other coatings that are not Teflon but are dark in color. The problem with Teflon seems to be with PFOA. There are pans now that are PFOA-free.

If you don’t have the labels that came with the pans you could check with the company through their website or calling them to see if your pans have Teflon or another coating. You will probably need to know the age of the pans or when they were purchased. If there is any numbers or other way to identify the pans be sure to include that information.