What can I do about my sick yew and my sad peonies?

Hi, I have owned my home for about twenty years and have a line of yews at the front of my yard next to the sidewalk. Earlier this summer a small section began to look like it was dying. We cut out that small section and now a few weeks later a very large section looks terrible. The rest of the line of yews looks just fine. I was wondering if you could give any suggestions or comments on what might be happening and if there is anything that can be done to save i t.. Thank you in advance!

Baltimore Maryland

The yew in your second and third photo are dying and on their way out.
Unfortunately once they begin to yellow they are already well-compromised and will likely need to be removed.

It is likely related to the weather. The incredible rains of the last year have been killing a lot of yews. They absolutely do not tolerate 'wet feet'.
That area may have been fine drainage-wise in 'normal' years, but our weather now is not what has been considered 'historically normal'.

Here is more information on this: https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/plants/trees-shrubs/tree-and-shrub-problems/cultural-and-environmenta...

Christine