Sudden Oak Death

We have a Oak tree that suddenly died. we have heard a lot about the sudden oak death and are concerned that this is the cause. What is your recommendation?

I ask this question 10 days ago. I guess the 48 hour response promise doesn't mean much.

Boone County Kentucky

Hello. I apologize this was not answered in a quicker time frame. The national system went down and we were dealing with that situation. Did the question get answered? It was forwarded to the Agent when the system was back up and running.

No answer yet.

Hello ,
I apologize for the delay in answering your question. Sudden oak death SOD can be a serious problem with many species of oak.The pathogen that causes SOD is Phytophthora ramorum. Because P. ramorum is not a ‘true’ fungus, many fungicides labeled for control of other fungal diseases are not effective against it.
This disease has caused significant damage to the states west of us and may soon move into our area. If you suspect your tree may have died due to SOD please feel to bring us a root or branch sample to ship down to the UK diagnostic lab for analysis
.If you have any further questions don't hesitate to give us a call at 859-586-6101

Kind regards, Joe