moving horse to new home

I am moving from Texas to Kentucky and am concerned about changing my horses food source. What is the best way to transition my horses from rye grass, rye and coastal hay, and 12- 8 pellets to fescue grass, timothy and orchard hay and all stock feed?

Daviess County Kentucky

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you.
The best way to transition a horse from one forage to another is to bring some bales of your current hay to Kentucky, buy some Kentucky hay and start feeding half and half of your Texas hay and Kentucky hay. Do that for a week, and then slowly decrease the amount of TX hay and increase the amount of KY hay.
Same goes for concentrate feed. Bring a few bags of the current feed and slowly transition the horses to the new feed. For example, if you feed 5 lbs of feed a day, start with 4 lbs of the old feed and 1 lb of the new feed, do it for 3-5 days, then increase to 3 and 2 lbs, do it for 3-5 days, then 2 and 3 lbs, etc, until you are only feeding the new feed.
Good luck on your move and welcome to KY!