Using my Weck waterbath canner

We are canning Bartlett pears tomorrow (Monday, 8/26/19). I have a quick question. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. My question: I have a commercial-sized Weck water bath canner (an electric canner made in Germany that was constructed for American electrical needs). It is tall enough to can two layers of pint-sized jars. In order to can a second layer of jars, I need a spacer so that the jars are not sitting directly on top of each other. I have not been able to find a second round Weck canning rack. I also have an old-style canner that I used to use on top of my stove. Even though my old canner's rack is not as wide as my weck, can I use and fill my old rack on top of my first layer of filled jars?

Clark County Washington canning

Thank you for your question. Since experts are not available on this topic on weekends, I suggest you call your own county Extension office when they open tomorrow at 8:00 am. Here is their webpage with contact information: https://extension.wsu.edu/clark/office-hours/ Good luck!

I see you have posted your question on the WSU Ask an Expert. Although the Clark County office is closed to walk ins on Monday, you can call the Nutrition/food safety staff directly on Mondays, which is why I gave you the page with direct numbers.