Can Star Magnolia be moved?

8 foot (or so) Magnolia Stellata needs to be moved, and only have less than 5 days. Is it possible? And power lines are below the tree as well, that is they are underground cables. It is about 20-25 years old, and height is around 8 feet as it has been pruned for height over the years. Is it worth saving, or too problematic. Thank you. p.s. I'll start soaking the soil asap.

Washington County Oregon

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry about moving your magnolia. Many factors might influence whether this is possible, including factors that can't really be assessed online, like the health of the tree, conditions at the site, contractor availability over the next few days, and so on. In your situation, I would anticipate that trying to move a large old tree on such a short timeline would not be practical. However, to get the most accurate assessment of the situation, I'd suggest you contact a certified arborist in your area. You can find a certified arborist in your area here: http://www.treesaregood.org/findanarborist

Good luck.