Is there a tree expert that can come to my home and advise on tree health? Is...

Asked August 22, 2019, 12:47 PM EDT

Is there a tree expert that can come to my home and advise on tree health? Is there a cost for the service

Champaign County Ohio

1 Response

Hello & thank you for reaching out to OSU Extension with your tree health question.

Amanda Douridas is your Champaign Co. Agriculture & Natural Resources Extension Educator but she is currently out on maternity leave.

However, Champaign Co. does have a Master Gardener program.

Working with county Extension personnel, Master Gardener Volunteers provide such educational services to their communities as: answering gardening questions from the public; conducting plant clinics; gardening activities with children, senior citizens, or disabled persons; beautifying the community; and developing community or demonstration gardens.

There are seven Master Gardener Volunteers in Champaign County who have gone through training. They are available to answer questions during the growing season (May through September) on Wednesdays from 1pm to 3 pm. Call the Champaign County Extension office at 937-484-1526 during those hours. They may need to see a sample leaf or plant in order to correctly address your question or concern.

Additionally, you may want talk with a certified arborist. I would suggest that if you need to go that route that you search the International Society of Arboriculture's website for certified arborists in your area. You can find their search tool for certified arborists at

Thank you again for reaching out to OSU Extension.

Kind regards,
Teresa Funk