What happen to my tree?

Hi, I have a tree in my back yard that started to show signs of diseases since last year, and it's getting worse this year (please see the attached pictures.) Can I save it? Do I need to have it removed? Many thanks for your help! Annie

Prince George's County Maryland disease issues blue spruce tree spruce with cytospora sap on spruce bark

You have a spruce tree, right? Probably a blue spruce. (A Colorado blue spruce.) They are not well adapted to Maryland and usually die around 20 years of age from a fungal disease. Your first photo shows massive sap oozing out of the trunk, typical of cytospora canker. The third photo shows the needles dying from the bottom up, which is typical for these diseases: https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/topics/whats-wrong-my-colorado-blue-spruce-tree
You cannot do anything to save the tree.

We would not recommend replanting with a blue spruce, but there are other options at the bottom of the webpage above.

Ellen