pressure cooker test

Asked August 19, 2019, 2:11 PM EDT

Do you test pressure cooker's?

Jackson County Oregon

1 Response

Gauge testing is available at the Jackson County Extension office ($1 each). The office is located at 569 Hanley Road in Central Point. Prepare to leave equipment to be tested for several days; testing is done as volunteers are in the office. Call the office for additional information (541) 776-7371. Regular Clear Jel is also available at Extension office.

For a quick response to questions about food safety and preservation, call our hotline experts. The toll-free hotline (800-354-7319) is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (July 15th - October 18th). Extension certified Master Food Preserver volunteers from Lane and Douglas counties take the calls.

Oregon State University Extension Service offers this food preservation and safety hotline every year during the peak canning season. The hotline is available for queries on proper canning techniques, safe recipes to follow, and the locations for pressure canner gauge testing in your area.

Thanks for contacting Ask an Expert!