Rabbit Control

My husband and I live in southwest Denver and are experiencing an ongoing problem with rabbits eating our lawn. Is there a product or technique to drive them away? We have tried a sensory device, attempted an organic spice mixture on the lawn, coyote urine...all to no avail.

Denver County Colorado

I have been working with homeowners here in Fort Collins/Loveland/Windsor, using Milorganite fertilizer to repel rabbits - with great success. Milorganite is a dried, processed sewage sludge product made in Milwaukee WI. It has an odor that rabbits (and voles, and to some degree, deer) find distasteful - so they leave your lawn and move next door. It has to be reapplied every 4-5 weeks to remain effective. It is a slow-release organic fertilizer that can be applied to all parts of the landscape (lawn, flowerbeds, vegetable garden, shrub beds). It is sold at most Ace Hardware stores, as well as Tractor Supply stores. Some people have told me that they've bought it at Walmart - though I haven't seen it there.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Tony