Industrial hemp farm

Asked August 18, 2019, 11:59 PM EDT

I would like start and operate an industrial hemp farm. I saw forms that i need to fill out and submit is there anyone that I could speak with directly that could help?

Wayne County Michigan hemp production

1 Response

I am assuming the forms you are referring to are the license applications found on the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) industrial hemp website. I think it would be useful to read through the forms to see what kind of information they are looking for. However, I recommend waiting to apply for the 2020 season as the licenses must be renewed annually. I wrote an article for the MSU Extension Digest (Growing or processing industrial hemp? Here’s how to register.) that summarizes the process. I also talked through the process during a webinar (INDUSTRIAL HEMP: A NEW CROP FOR MICHIGAN) that is archived on MSU Extension's Hemp Production website (Hemp Production). Check out these resources, and if you have any further questions, feel free to contact me.